-
January 5th, 2003, 03:15 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I searched Google but couldn't find this.
Does anyone know of a site or list dedicated to Low-Budget films?
I'm speaking of movies available for rent that were made for under $100,000 and preferable even cheaper (El Mariachi, Slacker, Clerks, etc).
Also, is there a listing anywhere of movies, alphabetized, that shows how much each cost to make? That'd be fun to look through.
-Danny
-
January 5th, 2003, 04:04 PM
#2
Inactive Member
this is a bit off topic, but i know "Swingers" was made for 250,000. granted thats over the specified budget but a movie that brilliant i think we can let it slide.
-
January 5th, 2003, 04:17 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I know both "Following" and "Blood,Guts,Bullets and Octane" Were done in the $7,000 range.
-
January 5th, 2003, 06:08 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Check out the thread, "16mm films at Blockbuster or Hollywood Video".
Scott
-
January 6th, 2003, 01:34 AM
#5
Inactive Member
I was the cinematographer on a low budget($70,000.00)film called RACHEL'S ATTIC. It got distribution (dead alive/spectrum) and I am told it is available at some video stores and online. It was shot on 16mm here in Michigan over 14 months of weekends. For the budget, it is a pretty good little movie. Check out the website www.rachelsattic.com
Rob Skates
-
January 6th, 2003, 04:47 PM
#6
Inactive Member
LAWS OF GRAVITY by Nick Gomez reputedly cost $38,000 and is worth seeing. It put Gomez on the map, as he went on to direct a few other indies as well as several episodic TV dramas.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 06, 2003 12:52 AM: Message edited by: GREATwarEAGLE ]</font>
-
January 9th, 2003, 08:58 AM
#7
Inactive Member
This site looks good, but I've never orderd from them they offer some rare ones. I'm sure if you emailed them on how much the film cost to make they could tell you. Im sure most of the movies they sell where made for under 100 grand. Here is the link:
http://www.buyindies.com/
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks